- Where does this team score from?
- Do they play the same line-up every night?
- Do they change tempo?
- Are they a good 3-point shooting team?
- Any line-up weaknesses?
- Can I move around any players to give myself an advantage?
- What do their IQs look like compared to my team?
- Are they a good rebounding team, do they lack Ball handling?
- Do they change their O or D?
- Are their any individual matchups I can take advantage of? (Ie a bad defender or slow player)
- Can I make any defensive line-up changes to better contain them?
Personally, when looking at only scoring that can be misleading. Just because a team scores most with their big men does NOT mean that they are scoring from the low block. Many teams run with big men that can nail the mid-range jumper. So beware of that before moving to close down the interior just because their big men are the top 3 leading scorers.
Note: While I usually don't move my starters around as I like to keep the same guys playing at the same places. The most common thing I do is move around my starting Big Men to take advantage of a slower guy down low. My bigmen are always the fastest and most athletic and I do not differentiate between PFs and Cs. So If the other team has a slow C i might switch my PF to C to take advantage of that matchup.